Please join us on Monday, October 22 from 6:30am to 9:00am for Coffee with a Cop at the newly opening Panera Bread, located at 188 Boston Road (intersection of Boston and Treble Cove Road, North Billerica). Coffee with a Cop is a nationally recognized initiative where the police and the community interact in a neutral and relaxed atmosphere to provide an opportunity for real conversation about issues that matter. There is no agenda other than a warm welcome. Please take a few minutes to stop by and meet your local police. The coffee is on us!
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018, at approximately 10:54 AM, the Billerica Police Department responded to a 911 call regarding a medical emergency on Dickinson Street. The medical emergency resulted in a death. Officers on scene discovered several suspicious items in the residence thought to be of an incendiary nature. Massachusetts State Police Bomb Squad was notified and responded. The State Police, along with Billerica Police, Fire Department and EMS safely removed the items. A joint investigation between the Billerica Police and Massachusetts State Police is ongoing. There is no public safety issue regarding this incident.
Update: Spraying was completed on scheduleThe Massachusetts Department of Public Health confirmed that a collection of mosquitoes from a surveillance site in North Billerica has tested positive for West Nile Virus. Spraying in the area is planned after sunset on Thursday evening, September 6th to reduce the population! Press release and streets affected area linked below. Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project website.
Wednesday, September 5th, is the first day of school for Billerica.
- Watch your speed in school zones! School zones are 20 MPH and TRAFFIC OFFICERS WILL BE OUT IN FORCE.
- Slow down in residential areas. Watch for children crossing the street and congregating near bus stops.
- Do not pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children.
- Be alert! The area 10 feet around a school bus is where children are in the most danger of being hit. Children walking to and from their bus are usually very comfortable with their surroundings and more likely to take risks, ignore hazards, or fail to look both ways when crossing the street.
- Always stop when directed to do so by a designated crossing guard.
The Town of Billerica Emergency Medical Service is seeking applications for Per-Diem Paramedics with possible full time employment opportunities. Applicants must be Massachusetts Certified Paramedics, current CPR, ACLS, PALS and a current driver’s license. ITLS and NRP are preferred but …
Continue reading & share →