If you’re a victim of Unemployment Benefits Fraud (Identity Theft) you should complete a BPD incident report below and you will also need to complete a report with the MA Department of Unemployment Assistance HERE. Since the Department of Unemployment Assistance is not a law enforcement agency you must report the fraud to BPD as well.
Online reporting is not intended for urgent issues! If this is an emergency, please dial 911!
Please be aware that you CANNOT file a report in this manner if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are under the age of 18.
- You don’t have a driver’s license (any state).
- The incident occurred outside of Billerica
- You are reporting a theft offense and the value of the stolen property is more than $1,200.
- You are reporting a theft offense and the stolen property is a firearm (gun), license plates, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material.
- You are reporting a vandalism and the damage is valued at more than $1,200.
- There is evidence to indicate that this is a hate crime or bias related.
- There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (i.e. blood, obvious fingerprints).
- You are filing any type of report against a KNOWN SUSPECT.
Note: If you meet any of the criteria above, you must call (978) 667-1212 for further instructions.
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME and depending on the circumstances, may be prosecuted as a felony.
After reviewing all of the above, click the blue button below to begin.