What is Nextdoor? Nextdoor is the free, private social network for your neighborhood. Nextdoor makes it easy to communicate with your neighbors about the issues that matter most in your community. Over 10,000 neighborhoods across the country are using Nextdoor to:
• Share recommendations about local services and businesses (e.g. babysitters, plumbers, dentists)
• Organize neighborhood events (e.g. National Night Out, Neighborhood Watch, HOA meetings)
• Report suspicious activities, help prevent crime and receive updates from city ofﬁcials
• Create groups to connect with parents, pet owners and other neighborhood groups
• Get to know your fellow neighbors
Each Nextdoor website is password protected and private to you and your neighbors. Members
must verify that they live in the neighborhood before they can join a Nextdoor website. Feel
conﬁdent knowing that you are talking with people who actually live in your neighborhood.
All your information is private
Nextdoor takes privacy very seriously. All members must verify their addresses before accessing their
password protected, encrypted websites. None of the information you share on Nextdoor is available
on search engines. And your personal information is not shared with advertisers or third parties.
Make your neighborhood safer
Research has shown that one of the best ways to prevent crime is to get to know your neighbors.
When neighbors know each other, they look out for one another. Nextdoor makes it easy to meet your
neighbors, create watch groups, report suspicious activity and prevent crime before it happens.